Not a member? Subscribe now!
Wine Market Journal indices empower the wine collector and wine professional to make educated buying or selling decisions based upon key market sectors. Select to view a chart graphing the trend over the last five years or reference each individual wine in our index table. For Professional subscribers, we report the 10 indices listed below dating back to 2005-
- Top500 - Our broad market index representing the Top 500 wines measured by trade frequency and dollar volume. This index can be compared with the S&P500.
- WMJ150 - Represents five vintages of thirty frequently traded blue chip wines from each of the market’s most important winegrowing regions.
- BDX1st - Depicts seven highly regarded, modern and oft-traded vintages of the five First Growth châteaux from the 1855 classification, plus seven vintages of each Château Petrus, Château Ausone and Château Cheval Blanc.
- BDX2nd - Represents five highly regarded and actively traded vintages of the twenty châteaux often identified as the ‘Super Seconds’.
- DRC - Depicts seven highly regarded vintages of Domaine de la Romanée Conti’s seven Grand Cru wines; Echézeaux, Grands-Echézeaux, Romanée-St-Vivant, Richebourg, La Tâche, La Romanée-Conti and Le Montrachet.
- Port - Tracks the performance of fifty-two regarded and frequently traded Vintage Ports, represented by eight highly acclaimed vintages of Dow, Fonseca, Graham, Taylor and Warre’s, plus six vintage each of Quinta do Noval and Quinta do Noval Nacional.
- CA Cult - Tracks five highly scored vintages of ten highly sought-after California wines, often called “Cult Wines”.
- Rhone - Our Rhone index tracks the performance of fifty highly regarded wines from the northern and southern Rhone Valleys.
- Burg50 - From the treasured vineyards of the Cote d`Or, our Grand Cru Red Burgundy index selects five top modern vintages of ten of the most important Grand Cru wines in the auction market.
- IT50 - A cross-section of fifty of Italy’s most important and sought-after wines in key vintages.